Defining Quality Hospice Care in Dayton, OH
We believe quality care is defined by the wishes and needs of patients and their families. Our mission is to provide the best hospice care in the Dayton area to support the members of our community during their end-of-life journey. Remaining locally owned and operated is also part of our mission, as we believe in serving the members of this great community. We are committed to having our patients comfortably remain wherever they call home rather than endure unnecessary hospitalizations. We also believe the best care is rooted in allowing our clinicians the time and resources necessary to provide the highest level of care. Because of this, we strive to support not only our patients and families, but the staff serving them.
Our Levels of Hospice Care
- This is the most common level of hospice care
- Visits are made wherever a patient calls home
- Patient needs are met through scheduled and on-call visits up to 7 days a week
Our patients comfort level is our top priority. Through our aggressive staffing model, we can increase visit frequencies when clinically necessary to keep our patients comfortable. Our experienced staff and their visit frequencies allow us to manage symptoms and avoid crises.
- Temporary/short-term care is done at the patient’s home when symptoms are not being controlled through routine visits
- Nurses or Nursing Aides are staffed at bedside up to 24 hours a day for maximum care
- Continuous care nurses remain in contact with physicians and RN Case Managers to communicate and address changes in patients’ conditions
Continuous Care provides the level of support patients and families need to feel comfortable in their homes during crises. Our staff at bedside maintains the comfort of the patient clinically and provides emotional support for the family. This creates a safe setting where families can spend quality time with their loved one.
- Being the primary caregiver of a loved one can be extremely stressful
- The Medicare Hospice Benefit allows up to a 5 day stay at a hospice inpatient unit or a nursing facility
- This allows a home patient’s family time to attend out-of-town events (graduation, wedding) or simply rest
- Our team can assist families in finding respite facilities if needed
General Inpatient Care
- Temporary/short term care provided away from the home when symptoms are not being controlled through routine visits
- This level of care takes place in a skilled nursing facility or hospital
- We strive to keep patients at home, but sometimes a situation calls for an inpatient stay
- We are able to help contract with various hospitals and nursing facilities throughout the area to provide this level of care
- Our goal is to stabilize the patient and family both physically and emotionally so they can return home as soon as possible
- Follow-up for the first 13 months after the loss of a loved one
- A quarterly newsletter with pertinent information, articles and words of comfort for this time
- Mailings every few months and occasional phone calls to check and see how loved ones are coping
- A Bereavement Memorial is offered twice a year to give another opportunity to honor and remember those that have passed away
- Need a little extra help? We can talk by phone, meet wherever is comfortable, or…
- Provide referrals
- Be a resource for extra grief materials specific questions.
- Help through the rough times: the holidays, birthdays, and anniversaries can be difficult. We can give tips, suggestions, and a listening ear when times get tough.
We provide many extra types of care that go above and beyond the requirements set by Medicare. Our supplemental care aims to alleviate symptoms and stress through non-medicinal interventions. This includes holistic care like massage therapy and music therapy that pairs with our core services to give our patients the best hospice care possible. Our supplemental care includes:
- Music therapy
- Pet Therapy
- Massage Therapy
My brothers and I were extremely satisfied with the care Provided by Day City Hospice. Please extend our deepest gratitude to them.
Marjorie C. Demorest
This team was awesome! I have had experience with another hospice group and there is no comparison. Day city went above and beyond.
Helen F. Dipietro
I appreciate the care my sister received from your team. I thank you for all your support.